Mobile App Development: Importance of Prototypes & Wireframes
Every other business wants to have a mobile app. The journey of this project begins with an idea and develop a proposal by taking input from other team members and come up with a plan which needs to be executed smoothly. Here, building a wireframe and/or a prototype aids in devising a layout, interface, and design.
Call it a preliminary phase of your product, prototyping or wireframing helps accelerate the mobile app development process.
Wireframes represent the basic elements of a web page – doesn’t show detailed interactive features. However, prototypes are complete models of web pages with all the essential interactions you want to see in your final product. Simply put, a prototype is a visually advanced version of a wireframe.
Let’s get started with understanding what important role prototypes and wireframes can play in developing mobile applications.
But before that you must know;
Why do we need to use wireframes or prototypes?
The primary objective of both is to show the client “how a website or a mobile application he needs will be structured before entering into the frontend development phase”.
They present a basic visual interpretation of system elements and their functional flows.
Now, take a look at what makes the two a crucial need for mobile application development.
Role of Wireframe
Wireframes are basically low-fidelity, fundamental layout, and structural guidelines of your products for web or mobile. It pertains to an initial stage of your mobile app development process prior to creating the product’s UX/UI design. It gives a fair idea about how your final product will appear after development. It also saves you time and money since it helps eliminate the software development iterations.
- Wireframing is the best way to facilitate designers to dig the exploratory phase of the product. It works as a guide for developers by focusing on the final product layout.
- One of the other benefits of a wireframe is to make the development process swift by aiding adequately the content, functions, and features.
- Wireframe shrinks the gap between the existing initial framework and the final product. While this the core phase, which determines the interface design and layout.
- By perceiving the app structure from the user’s side, menus, buttons and functionalities, and categorization of items. Wireframing provides a solid ground for a swift and seamless development of mobile applications.
Role of Prototype
The prototype is a step-forward wireframe. It’s an advanced wireframe with more visual detail and interaction. Before having a finalized version of the app at your desk, the alterations in the preceding phase is somewhat inevitable. How a prototype enables a mobile app to release the final version of an app?
- It is mandatory to build a prototype before you start developing a mobile app because it defines the final look of the mobile app. It not only shows how a product will work but also indicates the responsiveness and user-friendly interfaces.
- When you wish that what you actually want in a mobile app then the prototype is there. The layout and the look of the app will be better working at all. You will have a clear insight on which core functions you have to focus on.
- Prototype for your mobile app will also enhance the involvement among the team members. The software development team in collaboration with UX/UI designers and quality experts can easily work on the feedback of the mobile app layout.
- The opportunity is given to you to cross-check the user experience of the app. You are having a model in your hand through which you could determine the functionality.
- As we talked earlier, the app developing procedure is expensive. In mobile app development services, the prototype helps to budget accurately. Moreover, minimum iterations will be required in the development process and money would not be wasted subsequently.
Wireframe serves as a layout structure of the app which gives you an insight about how to design the menu, icons, and features keeping in view the end user’s perspective. To develop a product which becomes successful and ensures the required results, the wireframe has made life easy. The development phase is supplemented to have this technique as the phase of testing, feedback, collaboration occurs frequently and leaves no chances where the outcome doesn’t meet the standards.