AI and VR Technology Used in Mobile and Desktops Games
Who would have ever thought that technological innovations and advancements will let us propel out of the starting gate of virtual reality one day? With the initiation of user-focused technology, every aspect of our life seems to revamp at a neck-breaking pace every single moment.
Incredibly, virtual reality and augmented reality technology have brought a revolution in the world of gaming which was once considered impossible. Needless to say, the gaming industry has displayed fast growth in recent years. Smartphone users, who spend a maximum number of hours on their mobiles playing games, have predominated the development of the gaming industry. It has been supposed on an international scale that the latest technologies and smartphones have resulted in a total transformation in the gaming experience.
Let’s dabble in this article to know how artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality (VR) technologies are revolutionizing the gaming industry. Please stick with us till the end.
Difference Between AR and VR
If you think that augmented reality and virtual reality are some things, then let us correct you here. VR and AR are two opposite sides of the same coin. Let’s flick through the following points to understand how these two technologies are different from each other.
- Virtual reality (VR) refers to establishing an artificial ecosystem to inhabit, whereas augmented reality (AR) refers to the imitation of artificial things in a real environment.
- 3D graphics are used in AR to superimpose the computer-generated images over the gamer’s sight of the real world. That’s possible because computers utilize sensor algorithms to determine the camera’s orientation. The computer makes use of similar algorithms in VR. However, the significant difference lies when VR technology uses users’ eyes to locate within the imitated ecosystem.
- VR completely substitutes or hides the real world with a highly realistic artificial ecosystem. At the same time, AR enhances the recent reality by adding high-quality computer-generated images on top of it.
Thus, there are no signs of any reduction imposed in the relationship between VR & AR technology and mobile devices. On the contrary, the exponential magnification has encouraged developers to enhance the level of interest that both virtual reality and augmented reality offer.
Pivotal Role of AR and VR in the Gaming Industry
Needless to say, augmented reality and virtual reality have struck the mark of sophistication for actual gamers’ engagement. The following points depict how AR and VR are revolutionizing the gaming industry.
- Real-time interaction: real-time interactions will permit the enhancements of gamer’s engagement and participation globally and increase the creation of better engaging levels.
- The revival of 3D: 3D effects are appealing and attained popularity via movies such as “Avatar”. 3D effects provide an enthralling experience to the gamers and act as the game’s backbone.
- Creative content: VR/AR stands out for its engaging and versatile content that game developers are well-coded. Developers offer customized content for a higher degree to better suit the targeted market.
- Change in lifestyle: The evolution of AR and VR has revamped our lifestyles. Industries such as education, entertainment, medicine, tourism have turned toward AR and VR interactions to boost footfall.
- Captivating experience: The gaming sector has been on the tongue’s tip of everyone and has evolved to provide a captivating user experience with the utilization of AR and VR technologies.
VR/AR Games on Different Devices
Usually, VR/AR games are split into three major categories:
- Open-world games: Games in which the player itself is the world.
- Non-linear games: Games in which the player is a character in someone else’s world.
- Point-and-click games: Games in which players are inside the virtual world created for them and are free to navigate.
Which one of the categories mentioned above is best majorly depends on what you want to do. Obviously, this also depends on which type of device you prefer to use. So without any delay, let’s have a look at them.
PC VR/AR Games
With the advent of the popularity of AR/VR in gaming, hardware makers initiate to add VR to their computers and laptops. However, such new systems tend to be much less expensive than dedicated AR/VR hardware.
Mobile VR/AR Games
Such games need fewer smartphone specifications, usually just a sufficient memory and processor. Developers design such games to operate with Google Cardboard or similar headsets.
The VR/AR Games on Game Consoles
These are particularly designed for those who already play games on consoles. The AR/VR games do not use complete VR systems but only headsets, so there are few constraints on what they can do. Example? Sony PlayStation VR Platform.
The Future of AR/VR Gaming
The demand for VR and AR technology is progressing by leaps and bounds, with the market likely to be worth as much as approximately $571 billion by the year 2025. Did you know that Sony has invested in AR/VR technology in recent years? With the investment in such exciting technology, the company’s share price grows 10 to 20 percent per annum. What’s more? Tech giants worldwide are starting to dive into the technology, having praised its potential.
Developers and researchers are looking forward to a world where VR/AR applications revamp the way we sense things. There would be no wrong in saying that virtual reality will go from being the most kludgy technology to something that is just about indistinguishable from real life in just a few short years. This is just like science fiction is becoming true. The emergence of AR and VR will let us entertain ourselves royally in this metaverse.
At the heart of it all, the gaming industry’s future is unequivocally connected to virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Thinking of the applications and the possibilities of these technologies in real life is extremely exciting. AR and VR technologies are here to help us to build simulations for problem-solving.
Such technologies provide an experience that you might call mixed reality. Virtual worlds and the real world seamlessly merge in mixed reality, which can be alluring and attractive. AR and VR make it possible to play when the technology embeds games in real-world objects, such as museums, forests, or football stadiums. People fond of gaming will discover a complete virtual world substituting the real world, controlling their body movement. Hence, this proves that virtual and augmented reality technologies are just the remarkable beginning. Gamers will see a plethora of things in the approaching years. Stay tuned!
So, if you are looking for a reliable partner with a wealth of experience in AR and VR technology development, look no further. An ISO-certified Pakistan-based company called ArhamSoft (Pvt) Ltd is here to help you develop games based on revolutionary AR and VR technology. So, without any further adieu, share your unique ideas with us, and our experts will shape that idea and bring that to life.